Big Sky, MT (63960 Gallatin Rd)
- Located between Bozeman and Big Sky proper, north of West Yellowstone, just minutes from the Gallatin River. Raft Trips are subject to Big Sky Resort Tax.
- Great for families and first timers as well as thrill-seekers – we have different sections of river available
- Class I-IV+ rapids available – water level permitting
- Technical rapids that vary in difficulty depending on water levels
- Small volume river runs through Gallatin Canyon of Gallatin National Forest
- If you are looking for the most action packed day trip in the Yellowstone-Teton Area, this is it!
- We offer Half Day Gallatin River Rafting , Full Day Gallatin River Rafting, Overnight Trips and fabulously fun Dinner Trips.
The Gallatin River is a classic whitewater run with continuous rapids that increase in intensity as you float downriver. At low water the Gallatin features lots of technical maneuvering through the rocky river. At high water you will find yourself making fast decisions as you navigate through larger features. The Gallatin River has different sections of river that can suit different ability levels. The Classic Half Day Trip on the Gallatin includes some class II-III rapids followed by the infamous Mad Mile which can feature class IV features at high water.
The Upper Whitewater Trips on the Gallatin are great for families, first timers, and during high water months when the water levels are just too high to run the legendary Mad Mile stretch. There are still many fun rapids in this section!
The Full Day Trip provides you with the most scenic trip we have to offer. You will find yourself floating by places where scenes of the American classic film “A River Runs Through It” were filmed. A deli-style lunch is also provided on this trip!
63960 GALLATIN RD,
GALLATIN GATEWAY, MT 59730
- From Bozeman – Head west on Main Street (Highway 191) out of town 8 miles. When you come to a 4-way stop light (with the Conoco on your left,) turn left (Highway 191) head south 17 miles and we are on your left hand side at mile marker 64.
- From Big Sky/ West Yellowstone – Head north on Highway 191. We are on your right at mile marker 64.
- From Billings – Head west on I-90. Take exit 298 in Belgrade, south toward Big Sky, and head about 34 miles south on Highway 85. Highway 85 turns into Highway 191 after 11 miles. Keep heading south to our Gallatin Office. We are located at mile marker 64 on Highway 191.