What is the overnight trip?
Montana Whitewater’s overnight trip is a fun Adventure! Take a slice of sweet whitewater rafting add a riverside campsite, tasty meals, some great campfire time, horseshoes, bocce ball, ice cream making, smores, a night sleeping in your choice of yurt or tepee and then top it off with either another slice of whitewater rafting or if you prefer a soaring zipline tour across the river or both! It just doesn’t get any better!
Day 1: The adventure starts by meeting at our Gallatin River office at 9:30 am. Your overnight guide will meet you and help get your personal gear loaded for transport to the overnight camping area (don’t worry if you forget something in the car, though it won’t feel like it your car will be a modest walk from the camping area). Once your camping gear is squared away it is time to get dressed for rafting. In June and early July we outfit you in a wetsuit, booties, and splash gear. In July and August you can wear something you don't mind getting wet or borrow any of our cold weather gear. We transport you to our river put-in where we have a riverside briefing and safety talk before you get on the water with your guides.
Raft the river for a full-day, ending up at our private tipi & yurt camp site under the majestic Castle Rock. Get out of your rafting gear and relax by the river. Bring a fishing license and equipment if you would like to enjoy the Blue Ribbon Trout fishing on the Gallatin River.
We prepare a delicious and filling dinner - which you are welcome to enjoy with your own beer or wine - soft drinks provided. After dinner you can opt to fish, hike, play horseshoes or simply relax by the fire. Climb into your sleeping bag (on a comfy cot in a tipi or yurt) and enjoy a solid night sleep as you listen to the river flow gently by.
Day 2: Wake up to coffee/tea and a tasty hot breakfast. After breakfast(about 10 AM) your day two activity(s) commence. You will have selected your day 2 activities in advance. The Overnight Trip price includes one of the activities on day 2 listed below, surcharges apply where listed.
* Half day Gallatin River Trip
* Classic Zipline Tour
* Learn to Fly Fish Lesson
* Super Zipline Tour ($25 surcharge, double the fun!)
If you would like to add an afternoon activity to your overnight package the following rates apply:
* Classic Zipline Tour - $50
* Learn to Fly Fish Lesson - $48
* Super Zipline Tour - $75
Once you get back to our office, you can look at your trip photos, pick out some souvenirs and grab lunch at our Blazing Paddles Eatery!
* Trip Length: 2 Days
* Departure Dates:Available by request - minimum of 4 people required.
* River Rafting: II-IV (Class III-IV in June and
early July) when the water is at its peak; by mid July the rapids have slowed to class II-III+
* River Miles: 22-34, depending on water level.
* Meeting Time: 9:30am at our Gallatin Office.
* Finishing Time: 12:00 -1:00pm on the following day
* Meeting Place: Gallatin river office mile 64 hwy 191
* Age Limit: 6
* Meals included: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Snacks
* Gear Included: Sleeping Bags
* Highwater Note: During higher water, we can shuttle around the class IV rapid. Children, elderly and anyone who chooses can ride in the van for 1 mile around the continuous rapid stretch known as the "Mad Mile"
* No previous experience required.
SUGGESTED OVERNIGHT PACKING LIST
CHECK OUT OUR OVERNIGHT TRIP SLIDESHOW!
Adult $250 • Age 6-12 $200
Adult $300 • Age 6-12 $250 (includes classic Zip Tour)
No Charge for Wetsuit & Taxes and Fees included!