What is the overnight trip?
Montana Whitewater’s overnight trip is a fun Adventure! Spend a whole day on the Gallatin, taking in the scenery and some big waves along the way. We'll set up your campsite, cook your meals and provide entertainment. This is Gallatin River Glamping at its finest. Our yurt or tipi (your choice) provide cozy, comfy accommodations.
Day 1: The adventure starts by meeting at our Gallatin River office at 9:30 am. Your overnight guide will meet you and help get your personal gear loaded for transport to the overnight camping area (don’t worry if you forget something in the car your car will be a modest walk from the camping area). Once your camping gear is squared away it is time to get dressed for rafting. In June and early July we outfit you in a wetsuit, booties, and splash gear. In July and August you can wear something you don't mind getting wet or borrow any of our cold weather gear. We transport you to our river put-in where we have a riverside briefing and safety talk before you get on the water with your guides.
Raft the river for a full-day, ending up at our private tipi & yurt camp site under the majestic Castle Rock. Get out of your rafting gear and relax by the river. Bring a fishing license and equipment if you would like to enjoy the Blue Ribbon Trout fishing on the Gallatin River.
We prepare a delicious and filling dinner - which you are welcome to enjoy with your own beer or wine - soft drinks provided. After dinner you can opt to fish, hike, play horseshoes or simply relax by the fire. Climb into your sleeping bag and enjoy a solid night sleep as you listen to the river flow gently by.
Day 2: Wake up to coffee/tea and a tasty hot breakfast. After breakfast your day two activity(s) commence. You will have selected your day 2 activities in advance. The Overnight Trip price includes one of the activities on day 2 listed below, surcharges apply where listed.
* Half day Gallatin River Trip
* Classic Zip line Tour
* Learn to Fly Fish Lesson
* Super Zip line Tour ($25 surcharge per person, double the fun!)
If you would like to add an afternoon activity to your overnight package on the following day the rates below will apply:
* Classic Zip line Tour - $50
* Learn to Fly Fish Lesson - $48
* Super Zip line Tour - $75
Once you get back to our office, you can look at your trip photos, pick out some souvenirs and grab lunch at our Blazing Paddles Cafe!
* Trip Length: 2 Days
* Departure Dates: Available by request - minimum of 4 people required.
* River Rafting: II-IV (Class III-IV in June and
early July) when the water is at its peak; by mid July the rapids have slowed to class II-III+
* River Miles: 22-34, depending on water level.
* Meeting Time: 9:30am at our Gallatin Office.
* Finishing Time: 12:00 -1:00pm on the following day
* Meeting Place: Gallatin river office mile 64 hwy 191
* Age Limit: 6
* Meals included: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Snacks
* Gear Included: Sleeping Bags
* Deposit: We do require a $50 deposit per person upon reservation.
* Highwater Note: During higher water, we can shuttle around the class IV rapid. Children, elderly and anyone who chooses can ride in the van for 1 mile around the continuous rapid stretch known as the "Mad Mile"
* No previous experience required.
SUGGESTED OVERNIGHT PACKING LIST
Adult $260 • Age 6-12 $210
Adult $310 • Age 6-12 $260 (w/ classic Zip Tour)
No Charge for Wetsuit & Taxes and Fees included!
Booking: Mid June - End August
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday ONLY